Last Updated: May 23rd, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
When you register for the Services, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name, company name, company address, email address, phone number, job title, industry sector, and payment information and any other information you choose to provide to us, such as contact information about your potential clients.
Information About Your Use of the Services
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of our Services, such as how you use the Services, the duration and quality of use, the types of use (e.g. data creation, storage, access, deletion).
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our Services function as intended.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Third-Party Cookies: We may allow third parties to place cookies on your device for advertising and analytics purposes. For more information about these cookies, please see “Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services, such as when others refer you to us as a potential customer.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, free trials, surveys, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of LeadMethod and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With third parties who need access to such information to perform a service that you requested;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect rights, property and safety of LeadMethod others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, and
- With your consent or at your direction, such as where you decide to share information through an external API.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
LeadMethod is based in the United states and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
LeadMethod complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (collectively, the “Privacy Shield”) in connection with the processing of personal data of individuals in the European Union and Switzerland (“Covered Data”) that it receives from its business customers (“Customers”). Please refer to our Privacy Shield certification for more details please visit our certification page here. For more information about the Privacy Shield, please visit the Department of Commerce Privacy Shield Website.
If you have a complaint or dispute regarding our adherence to the Privacy Shield, please first submit your complaint to us by using the contact information listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If we cannot resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS, which is an independent dispute resolution provider based in the U.S. In certain circumstances specified by the Privacy Shield, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint not resolved by any other means.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. If LeadMethod shares Covered Data with a third-party service provider, then LeadMethod may be held liable for that third party’s processing of Covered Data in violation of the Privacy Shield, unless LeadMethod can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Please refer to the remainder of this policy for information about our collection, use and disclosure practices. You may also review the “Your Choices” section below for information about how we enable individuals to exercise their rights to access Covered Data, and the choices we offer to limit the use and disclosure of Covered Data.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from accidental loss, theft, misuse, alteration and unauthorized access or disclosure, and unlawful or accidental destruction.
- Account Information: You may access, update, correct or delete information about you by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to email@example.com but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you nonpromotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.